Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Luxury of the Simple Life


I miss. I miss waking up to the stillness of the morning. Where you hear nothing but birds chirping and the laughter of children already wide awake: driving their mothers cray getting them to eat breakfast. I miss. I miss getting out of bed and being served breakfast by my mama. Right now, I crave for our usual humble breakfast of bread and coffee like it is gourmet. Not that i'm a gourmet lover. But right now, it costs like gourmet for me...I can't afford it...

I miss. I miss being minutes away from the beach. Minutes of scenic and joyful rides away from a whole day of fun. Maybe I'll get use to a missing things a lot. How ironic, I'm here at the dream city for the young in the Philippines, where opportunities are left and right, and yet, I am yearning to go back to a place where progress is slow, change is unnoticeable, and the people's luxury may be nothing but a sunrise...



Back home, we can claim the sea was ours and believe that we can reach the sky. And though the world may have crashed our idealism, when I come home I still believe...

Sunrise. Breath-taking anywhere in the world.




I took these photos in Sto. Domingo Albay Philippines. Please see them, and not just look. As I share them with you, it is not only my photos that I give, but also a part of my heart called home.

No comments:

Post a Comment